Student Spotlight - Mina Chao


Every month we will feature a current student, teacher or alumni from CLIP to showcase on our blog.  If you are interested in being featured, contact web@cusdclipco.org.

Who are you?
My name is Mina Chao (趙立鳴) and I am in 7th grade.


How long have you been in the CLIP program?
I have been in CLIP for 8 years (including this year).


What are some of your hobbies or special interests?
Some of my hobbies include volleyball, art, and playing cards with my friends.


What is your favorite subject in school?
My favorite subject in school is math. Our teacher was really nice and we really got to understand the content in a fun way.  I like doing word problems because there are a lot of steps to do and equations are cool!  I like math because it's fun and logical.


What's your favorite after-school activity?
My favorite after school activities include after-school sports at Miller.  I was part of the volleyball, softball, and track and field teams.  The coaches are super-supportive and always do their best to help you become awesome at your sport.   


Tell us about one special activity from CLIP that you enjoyed.
One special activity from CLIP that I enjoy is participating in the San Francisco Chinese New Year parade. I've done it since I was in kindergarten and I love it so much. Not only do we get to go to San Francisco and perform for thousands of people, we get to learn cool dance moves and other skills. Sometimes, if we get lucky, we get to be broadcast on television! All the instructors are very nice and encouraging, and make the experience way more fun.


What do you love about CLIP?
One reason that I love CLIP is that you get to do a lot of special things, like learn more about Chinese culture in CLIP Art and have long Chinese New Year celebrations. Also, if you're in CLIP you get to participate in cool ASEP classes like baking, which is super fun because you get to bake all sorts of yummy treats for yourself and your family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teacher Spotlight - Anna Tsai

Volunteer Spotlight - Alan Fong

Congrats to Lyria and Ray Zhu - Winners in the Beijing 13th National Youth Talent TV Show