Alumni Spotlight - Sabrina Chi

Every month we will feature a current student, teacher or alumni from CLIP to showcase on our blog.  If you are interested in being featured, contact web@cusdclipco.org.

Who are you?
My name is Sabrina and I will be attending UC Irvine this coming fall. My major will be Business Information Systems and I will be in the graduating class of 2021. 

What grade did you join the CLIP program?
I joined CLIP in kindergarten and continued all the way up until eighth grade. 

What are some of your hobbies or special interests?

My hobbies include gymnastics and doodling in my free time. 


What is your favorite subject in school? 
My favorite subject in school is math because I enjoy problem solving and using my creativity to figure out how to solve a problem. 

Tell us about one special memory you have from CLIP that you enjoyed. 

My favorite part of CLIP was always CLIP Art. I always enjoyed doodling and was always trying ways to express my creativity and so I loved being able to simultaneously learn about Chinese culture and apply that in terms of drawing, painting, etc. It was also really interesting to use different mediums such as brush painting and carving as how the Chinese used to in the past. 


How did being in CLIP affect your high school career?  
Being in CLIP has allowed me to become more cultured and more open to the people and things going on around me. In high school, it was a big transition for me going from a school with almost 90% Asians to a school that was extremely diverse. My CLIP background in this way has allowed me to more easily adjust and understand the different backgrounds that my peers came from to more easily get along with them. 


What advice do you have for current CLIP students?
Some advice I have for current CLIP students is to embrace the CLIP privileges of being with so many friends for so long who are going through the same journey as well as all the struggles that CLIP comes with whether it's the dreaded Chinese presentation about yourself or the Chinese letters that you have to write to a pen pal. Even if you're hating it in the moment, you'll appreciate it later on when you can fully carry a conversation in Chinese with someone in China or write a letter to someone living there. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teacher Spotlight - Anna Tsai

Congrats to Lyria and Ray Zhu - Winners in the Beijing 13th National Youth Talent TV Show

Volunteer Spotlight - Alan Fong