Congrats to CLIP Alumna Melissa Lee - Sunnyvale Student of the Year!

Every month we will feature a current student, teacher or alumni from CLIP to showcase on our blog.  This month we are pleased to spotlight Melissa Lee, recently named High School Student of the Year by the City of Sunnyvale. If you are interested in being featured, contact web@cusdclipco.org.


Who are you?
My name is Melissa Lee and I am in 11th grade at Fremont High School.


What grade did you join the CLIP program?
I joined the CLIP program when I was in kindergarten at Meyerholz Elementary School.


What are some of your hobbies or special interests?
My hobbies include wrestling, watching Netflix shows, and drinking boba milk teas.


What is your favorite subject in school?
My favorite subject in school is math.


Tell us about the award you won - how did you get selected, and what qualified you for the award?  
I received the 2018 Student of the Year award for the City of Sunnyvale.  I was nominated by
members of the community for my achievements in wrestling, school, and
extracurricular activities.


Tell us about one special memory you have from CLIP that you enjoyed.
I enjoyed the CLIP Art lessons, especially when we got to paint with Mao Bi.


How did being in CLIP affect your high school career?  
CLIP taught me more about my culture and as a non-native speaker, helped me in my
high school Chinese classes.


What advice do you have for current CLIP students?
I would tell current CLIP students to continue with the program because it provides them
with a second family and helps build lifelong friendships.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teacher Spotlight - Anna Tsai

Congrats to Lyria and Ray Zhu - Winners in the Beijing 13th National Youth Talent TV Show

Volunteer Spotlight - Alan Fong